It’s hard to ignore the impact and influence YouTube has had on music and artist exposure.
Since its launch in 2005, YouTube has fostered a digital environment that nurtures creative development and flourishes the careers of smaller musicians. So much so that in 2020, YouTube reported a payout of over $4 billion in the pockets of artists, songwriters, and rights-holders. (Source: Forbes)
“Fan-powered videos have always flourished on YouTube, helping artists grow their audiences and break songs around the world,” YouTube’s Global Head of Music Lyor Cohen said. “We’re thrilled it’s now also become a meaningful and incremental source of revenue alongside premium music content.”
For independent artists, having a presence on YouTube is pivotal for fan development and revenue growth. YouTube recognizes this too, having created an entire initiative for artists on YouTube that offers tools aimed at helping musicians access important fan insights.
We’ve compiled our top strategies for how you can effectively upload your new music to YouTube in our free downloadable guide.
Who it’s for:
- Musicians that are brand new to uploading on YouTube
- Musicians looking for best uploading practices
- Musicians looking to optimize their channel to increase discoverability
What you’ll learn:
- How to upload your music to YouTube
- Best practices for getting discovered on YouTube
- How to optimize your channel to increase your engagement
Download our Best Practices Guide For Uploading New Music to YouTube!